View Single Post
Unread 09-08-02, 02:59 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Well.... why not both...

No... ya done well.... their boss...

but,... from what I am reading... is seems that its either a vacation or a learning school... kinda thing.. so what to do...

Ya I have to agreee that the wives and all don't want to sit thru a 4 or 5 hours mechanical thing.. but, then again you need that much time almost to cover one topic... and if we have it for two days... they are going to be getting tired sitting around the pool... which they could do at home... so its not too good for them...

And on the other hand... the guys who come want to learn about their plane... after all that is what they come for... right... so they are not interested in going to see the sights... they spent their money to come and be trained on how to... kinda things...

So what is the happy medium.... well that person who suggested the cruse trip.. is getting to sound better and better all the time.. after all the guys could go to a meeting room... ships have conferance rooms... and the gals can do activites on the ship... with the start of the PT and then work up to the pool and then... and then... while the guys are in doing their thing...

But, here is where it gets a little better... the cost and transportation... its actually cheeper than staying as some resort.. when you break it down... and besides you can go touring when they dock.. have party time at night and its all included while we are talking they are moving down the road to the next spot... Hmmmmm.... they have AC, food, drinks and all the rest right their...

Sure some are going to say.. well but, I wanda fly and be around airplanes... well you can fly to the airport their... and then get on the boat... but, its all taken care of for you so you can have the time to study and play...

I don't know... what is best... Mr. Whitimaker used to have his meetings right in the middle of the states... liberal KA... maybe that is what we should do too... of course Cessna is right their now too.. so you can take the tour of the plant and see how they are building new planes... just not ours.. of course.. but, they would be able to answer a lot more questions from the factory... kina thing.. and who knows if you hit them up they might see a point in building the old bird again... smile...

I do know that it does make more reason to have it move around.. that way its not a rut.. kinda thing... oh and the guy who suggested going on the napa valley tour... well drinking wine.. is a no .. no.. remember 8 hrs from bottle to throttle.. rule... so if we went their.. it would be a slow group... in the morning kinda thing...

Now one more person came in with the suggestion of New Mexico... and this during the balloon fest in October... ahhh a little too close to plan that...

But,....
It should be where it can be gotten to by everyone... and last time it was way east... which didn't allow much time for the west to travel and do much as they have to work too... so their are lots of places that are good... lots of .. as I say highlights in each state... canada and Mexico... but, the main reason I wanted to open this discussion is because it should give the others a chance to voice their oppinions...

by the way... I keep runing into skymaster owners who are on the internet... but, know nothing about the web... might want to print up a flyer and put it out at the airports or place it on a skymaster when you see one... and suggest that they check it out as a owners club...

Kevin.. maybe we could have a "Welcome to the Web ... kinda thing... for skymasters.. that they could print out on their printers and take to the airport with them... with the address and info about who and what we are... sorta thing...

Ok.. I have to vote now... lets see... GMAs