View Single Post
Unread 02-04-04, 10:55 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
Great subject! I am also working on getting my P337 to pressurize correctly and thought I would provide my two cents worth.

Here is what we have done so far: Checked the dumps, root seals and vents, windows, cabin roof, walls and cabin floor and the relief valves. Turbo pressure is good as well, at least by the manifold gauge.

I was able to get 1.9 psi a couple of weeks ago, but only that. All the leakage appear to be around the door with the worst in the corners. We then put a little Lubrication of the door seal to see if that would help. The corners don't look like they have inflated for a while. On the next flight the differential went down to 1.4 to 1.5 psi, still leaking around the door in the corners. The mystery deepens.....

Door seal is not in bad shape, but it would appear that the holes in the seal on the pressurized side were resting against the inner lip of the door frame assembly. Figure 16-20 shows you should enlarge the cutouts as required to clear the seal. On a C340 nearby, they have actually drilled a series of holes through that lip to allow the seal to inflate. We figure the lubrication just let the seal inflate enough to block the holes as was demonstrated by the lower differential and the lubrication just helped the seal. We have added a few extra holes ourselves directly over the seal holes and await better weather for another test flight.

The weather here in the UK has been really bad, but tomorrow looks good finally and I will report the result.

Any further thougths or comments would be greatfully received.

Regards - Dave