View Single Post
Unread 01-22-19, 05:42 PM

JAG is on a distinguished road
Thanks

Thank Herb for your info and to Dave as well for the follow up. I have made the decision to just stay with the center strip and keep things original. Probably because I am struggling to see any large benefit over the additional work and cost of the STC mod. I think the mod is good, but I am very used to VFR flight looking through center strips and v-braces on my Stinson.

If I have time, I will try to post a bit after I finish this job. I am replacing all the windows and just ordered them today from Great Lakes Aero Products (GLAP). Clear on the Windshield and grey tint on the rest of the outer windows. The Windshield from GLAP is the same as my original at 0.250" thick (1966 C337A). Having replaced windshields in Boeing 737s and Lockheed Hercules, this one should not have many surprises - however I can see some time spent fitting will be required. I am planning at this point to install much like Cessna did at the factory - use the felt and the Presstite Sealer - but finish seal the exterior trim with PRC.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts - and keep them coming!
Jeff