Thread: Cessna C337 SID
View Single Post
Unread 01-24-10, 08:39 PM
Ace of the Atmosphere

skymstr02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Martin View Post
Roger, this is precisely the reference we needed. It's required reading for all Part 91 users curious about SIDs. This won't happen, but this discussion on SID applicability to Part 91 operators could end right here.

Ernie
The problem lies in that the letter references only large or turbine powered aircraft, which are not applicable. Ref 14CFR91.409(f). The letter speaks of the current inspection program, not maintenance manuals.

14CFR43.13 is still applicable in that para (b) specifically addresses structural strength and deterioration.

You don't have to convince me, you have to convince the guy making the release for service entry in your maintenance records.

If for some un God reason that you happen to crash a month after I perform an inspection on your airplane, and do not comply with the SIDS, and a wing or boom is not attached to the wreckage, your heirs attorney is going to have a field day explaining to the jury that I did not comply with the manufacturers recommendations on keeping up with airworthiness standards on an airplane that they designed and built.