View Single Post
Unread 11-22-17, 02:49 PM

B2C2 is on a distinguished road
It has been pointed out in several posts but bears repeating that the system voltage will get unstable if you have more than the nominal resistance in the field circuit to the alternators. I have also several times had this issue. The first time all crimps were replaced behind the panel in the circuit feeding the field circuit for the alternators. The second time it was fixed by replacing the regulator selector switch. In my 1969 T337D this switch feeds either Reg 1 or Reg 2. Both regulators were showing jumpy voltages. Occasionally lighting the red overvoltage indicator. Replacing the regulator switch caused the voltage to be rock solid. After this was done I disassembled the switch and sure enough the terminals inside were badly worn. I would guess you had an overvoltage condition causing the alternators to go offline. then on recycling everything you got the circuit back. If you have a voltage indicator in your plane look at this. If its jumpy you probably have a field circuit issue.