View Single Post
Unread 12-17-08, 04:46 PM

Diamond Service is an unknown quantity at this point
Today the Canadian NTSB send me a copy of my fuel slip from Wabush. It stated that I uplifted 174 liters of 100LL.

I want to finish my story so here it comes.

Standing on the 10 times 5 meter big piece of ice we started our 18 hour struggle to survive.
Time is hard to tell when you dont have a clock but about 1-2 hours later the first aircraft appeared and we got our hopes up that we would be found very soon. We were not able to show ourself in any way since we did not get this equipment with us from the aircraft. Most unfortunately the small lights on our life vests did not work. Several other aircraft and helicopters searched for us during the night and they were very close about three times.
I blamed myself that I did not have any signalling equipment. I think they called of the search when the ceiling got too low. I dont know how to describe it but it is extremely cold and the wind is blowing the cold air right through your bones. We worked hard for a long time to fight the cold and finally the daylight came.Now they will come back and find us we told ourselves,but nothing happened. We saw the shoreline in the distance and decided to jump
from one peice of ice to the other in order to reach dry land. After doing this for about 1 hour a light flashed in the horizon. We stared in that direction for a long time wondering what that couldt have been.We continued our walk on the ice for some time but then the light appeared again,and a little closer. We realized that the light must come from a ship so we turned around on the ice and walked towards the ship waving our life vests over our heads.Suddenly the light was pointed directly at us and after a while we heard the signal horn from the ship. WE ARE BEING RESCUED. The feeling of relief is hard to describe.

I am trying to figure out what happened to my engines and I have a few ideas. I want to share my ideas with you folks in this forum but it is getting late now so I will be back tomorrow.