View Single Post
Unread 05-14-02, 12:35 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Cleaning materials, this could be an interesting thread...

For the boots, I use a product similar to Armor All called 303. It keeps the boots in great shape, and also makes the ice just sliiiiiiiiiide right off...

For most of the airplane, I use this wax-on, wax-off stuff (think Karate Kid) called Supercoat. Both it and the 303 came from recommendations of my old mechanic, and work very well.

For getting the grease and exhaust off the belly, well, I used to wash airplanes professionally (I was 14, had a business, five kids working for me, no taxes, all cash, those were the days). The only thing that I am patient enough for is garden variety petroleum solvent on a rag. I use it to loosen everything up, then wash the belly with soap and water.

I had my airplane washed by the only FAA repair station that has aircraft washing on it's certificate (in Florida, very near southern tip but not the keys), and they put the official real deal stuff that Goodrich recommends (Agemaster, or whatever it's called) on my boots, and they looked VERY nice afterwards, so I'd recommend that if you can find some.

Kevin

Last edited by kevin : 05-19-02 at 11:51 AM.