View Single Post
Unread 09-25-05, 02:50 AM

Mark McConaughy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hot Fuel

In another thread, I referenced page 2-3/2-4 of the 1974 P337 owner's manual. This is a discussion of the operation of the auxiliary fuel pump switches. I agree with others that there is no reason for sarcasm. We are all just trying to fly airplanes.

I understand some have reservations about running the fuel pumps for extended periods and I can understand that. However, everything in the owner's manual must be approved or at the very least accepted by the FAA. Obviously, heat has something to do with the problem and altitude would only aggravate the heat issue.

I was interested to see that someone had taken the time and effort to do the research to cool the engine driven fuel pump. (I am wondering if the affected aircraft had intercoolers). However, if cooling the pump works, sounds good to me. If someone gets an STC to do that, great, if you don't like it, don't do it.

I just hate to see people taking pot shots at folks that are just trying to resolve a legitimate problem. As a not so great American once said, "can't we all just get along?". I was disappointed to see that one individual stated that he would not be visiting this forum again. I agree he did not need the abuse, but I hate to see him go.

Moreover, Kevin, if we are having a recurring problem sounds like maybe the occasional deleting of comments is not enough and stronger measures are in order. I will back you 100%.

P.S. If the individual blasts me, I guess that will confirm all I just said, (I did not name the individual) but if the person responds that will confirm what I just said.