Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-15-02, 09:52 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Wanted: KI 226 RMI indicator

Hi folks,

My KI-226 RMI indicator bit the dust a couple of months ago when money was tight for me. Now that income has returned to my life, I would like to replace it.

I would repair it, but the local shop says about $250 to get into it, and they cannot get parts any more, so it could be throwing $250 away. It seems like I might be able to buy a used serviceable unit for $500, so, here are my questions for everyone:

1.) Do you know a good source for one of these instruments?

2.) Will any other indicator work with my antique ADF? (I think it is a KR85 - the one with the mechanical frequency display, and separate indicator. I think it is steam powered, but I am not sure.)

3.) Do you have any thoughts or suggestions on what you would do in this case?

I know, I know, many people are throwing away their ADFs these days. But I still seem to use mine now and again, and it also makes handheld GPS assisted ADF approaches legal.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Kevin
Unread 12-15-02, 10:24 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Eastern

www.avionix.com is the website for Eastern. They have at least one RMI indicator on their used/reconditioned listing. They are very knowledgeable, and can help.

I had a fit when I got my plane back from Pitot/Static, and the ADF didn't work. They fixed it immediately, a small thing, but many approaches have an NDB as the IAF, and there are still places in this part of the world where thereis only an NDB approach.