Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-02-03, 10:06 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
Stall Warning Location on 77 P's

Does anyone know why Cessna moved the stall warning sensor on the leading edge, left wing, further outboard in 1977 at about serial number 260 G model P-series?

This has major implications with the de-ice boots as I have just found out. The Manual is wrong for my serial number as it specifies -05, where it should be -01. The replacement boots supplied were for a stall warner further outboard, but mine is inboard.

Bad news as it will now be a question of who made the error.

This is a word of warning for anyone contemplating de-ice boot replacement, with an aircraft in that serial number range, check the location of the stall unit. The manual is wrong on my aircraft which is Reims serial number 19.

Goodrich says the only difference between the -01 and the -05 is the pad location for the stall warning being moved outboard.

Depending on what happens this week, I may have a left hand wing de-ice boot for a late model P, serial number above 260 or so, for sale. That is with the stall warner further outboard. All paperwork supplied and it was built by Goodrich and delivered Sept. Any interest, please let me know.

Regards - Dave