Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-26-18, 10:28 PM

Alfonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

Ed, thank you very much for your reply. I am looking for a copy of a hard data on the MEL and on the Data Sheet of the C336 airplane. Other t3chnical pages of CESSNA does not describe at all the Thrust Warning Lights as a required element for a go or no go decision. I am looking and asking to the few remaining owners of a C336 if anyone can share with me those seven pages of the MEL, which also contain the weight and balance weights, and other essential information, which I do not have. Perhaps obtaining spare parts for these two systems may not be practical and economical, as it is my understanding that they never work properly. And after CESSNA tried them out in the C336 for about one year they were not Included in the C337s or in the military version on the O-2s. So eliminating it would be the most practical way and legal way to go. All your comments and suggestions are welcome, especially if someone could provide me the MEL and the Data Sheets. Thanks. Alfonso.
Unread 04-28-18, 09:59 AM

JimC is on a distinguished road
I do not believe a legal minimum equipment list ever existed for your plane. If it did, it would be specific to your serial number, and the MEL for another 336 would not be a legal substitute.

Placard the system as INOP and you're good to go.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/91.213

Last edited by JimC : 04-28-18 at 10:02 AM.
Unread 04-28-18, 01:09 PM

Flyer770 is on a distinguished road
Jim is right, the minimum equipment list is different than what a manufacturer puts on the type certificate as an equipment list. Looking over the 336 TCDS, it looks like the only additional bit of equipment beyond day/night VFR and IFR equipment is a stall warning device. Does it say anything about it in the pilot's book? I would lean on removing the thrust indicator equipment if it hasn't worked in your years of ownership and logging it. If it's not installed, it can't be grounded for not working.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: