Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-09-02, 08:33 PM

Rickskymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Leather Interior

My wife has just announced that for X-mas I can get a new interior for the Skymaster.

So I am off to get ideas as to where and get this job done.

A friend has told me that Airtex actually now has leather and that they will do the installation, for an additional cost.

Please pass ideas as to what you have seen and/or heard, as to any shop that you would consider.

I am actually not all that interested in Airtex, but would like to know if anyone has an experience with them.

Thanks

Rick
N48AT
Unread 12-10-02, 05:18 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
Can't comment on Airtex directly other than there have been a couple of magazine features that included them and Light Plane Maint. talked about them last year (Oct 2001 Issue) when they did a feature on refurbishing aircraft interiors.

As I recall the article, they are one of the few sources for fully approved materials and LPM stressed the need for approved materials.

I went the Aerosheep route on the front seats (on which the leather was getting badly cracked and split) and the sheepskins are great, both in the summer and winter. That said, the summers in England are not that warm at the best of times, but on the warmest days they were still very comfortable - never sweaty. They are easy to install, fit pretty well and are very comfy over all.

Also significantly less expensive, circa $385 plus shipping for the pair and no down time - well, I think it took an hour total to install them including seat removal, relub and re-install and log entry. I post justified having bought the Garmin 295 with the money I was going to save on the interior by going the Aerosheep route.

Regards - Dave
Unread 12-10-02, 09:40 AM
Keven

Interiors

Rick:

If you're close to Greenville, SC, there is a shop at GMU, Professional Interiors, Inc., 1 Aviation Lane, Greenville, SC 29607 (864) 233-6050 which does all of the interiors for Michelin and all of the other big boys in town with corporate fleets.

He did a headliner for me. He did great work, and the installed price was the same cost as material only from Airtex. He guarantees his work, and has been doing it since before the Wright Bros.

Keven
________
New Mexico Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 04:56 PM.
Unread 12-11-02, 10:01 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Oregon Aero

Oregon Aero makes seat covers, and things. They require you to ship your seats to them. They will redo the foam at the same time. They did the interior for one of the AOPA project planes.

Given the prices, a local guy can frequently be less expensive.
Unread 12-11-02, 11:00 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
I live very near Oregon Aero. While I don't know anyone there, nor do I have any connection with them, I can vouch (from talking with others) for the quality and comfort of their work. They use a different material for the padding that works much better than foam. Your local shop can also buy their material from them and use it (or you can).

Kevin
Unread 12-11-02, 12:29 PM

Guy Paris is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Interiors....

There is a small shop in Hyannis Ma. (HYA) at the airport, next to Griffin Avionics, (508-790-7007), I have not had anything done, however I have talked to the owner of the shop and seen some of the work. Looks real good and a fair (good) price.. He recently advertised in the Atlantic Flyer, Dec. 2002 page 27.. Guy..old72driver....