Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 09-22-10, 11:26 PM

CO_Skymaster is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info Dale,

I'll ask about them during my next annual. Hopefully, the seats will be place in properly this time. I did have the chance to take my airplane out after months of sitting around. Except for a few quirks, it’s flying well.

I did find something interesting about our aircraft. I rented a hanger at another airport and after several weeks of waiting, was finally able to get it down there. I knew the aircraft would fit in a standard 42T hanger (it was in one when I bought it) and for some reason I thought all standard T-hangers were that size. I found this not to be true. The hanger I rented was a little smaller, with its depth at 29' 6''. That's when I found out a Skymaster has a length of 29' 8". Doh! The wings fit in the hanger, just not the entire length. Apparently when I compared the Skymaster to other aircraft of its class, it has the longest length. I'm making arrangements with the airport to move to a bigger hanger. The airport I rent at has older hangers and I guess 42T was not standard 40 years ago. It was an interesting weekend, but the stress has worn off.

Karl