Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-10-02, 06:41 PM

Wayne Pearce is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Fuel Leak

I'm still struggling to identify a fuel leak in the left wing, not a big leak but big enough to drip into wing when full run down the inside and stain side of cabin.

But after removing all inspection panels and finding no leaks it appears that the leak is in the top connecting hoses between the inboard tank and the middle tank (by deduction as capilliary action between the skin panels shows slight staining up to the boom but not past it and up to the forward 1/3 of the wing) and (also the boom sump has no leakage) ...oh forgot 1973 C337 G 118 US gallon tanks

Only happens when full, If I remove boom sump panel will this allow me to access the connecting hoses between these tanks. If it's not this then I'm stuffed unless there is some other obscure place that it can come from

Any help welcome...and GMAS thanks for previous help but I think this annoying little sucker is going to be one of those hard to find things.....nearly forgot the tanks were removed 18 months ago refurbished, pressure tested and reinstalled and checked out ok

Regards..........Wayne
Unread 07-11-02, 01:06 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Talking ahhhh..... welll guess what...

Well their is only one way to find the leake... and it shows up real well when you take the top of the wing off...again... bet you find a strap that cut into it or a crack... hose that was overtightened or not engough... either way... its off with the screws... order new.. and remove the top of the wing... allll 6 gizillion of them get replaced.. with new.. each time... sorry.. not other way.. GMAs
Unread 07-16-02, 05:15 PM

Wayne Pearce is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re Fuel Leak

Finally found the leak aftyer doing what GMAS said that is remove a gazillion screws and inboard wing panel,.........turned out to be a cracked weld on a weld in tube at the top of the tank.........can't believe these tanks were refurbished & pressure tested less than 18 months ago

Aaarrrggghhh...........Wayne