Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 07-08-02, 09:45 PM

jcthomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Gear Warning Buzzer

It seems I have a gear warning buzzer coming on and remaining on after take-off and I retract the gear. The retraction is normal with the amber light on and the lever returning to neutral. The only way to stop the buzzer is to push on the green light and then it subsides.

Dropping the gear before landing also subsides the buzzer.

I have a T337, 1969.

Any ideas for the fix would be appreciated.

John
Unread 07-08-02, 10:51 PM

Richard is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm no expert by far, but looking at the system. I think something like that could happen if the little switch on your throttle body was out of adjustment? Or stuck closed?
Unread 07-09-02, 10:47 PM
Keven

John:

I have a 337A and I had a very similar problem -- it was a switch problem in the handle. It's a great sound for passengers and the tower to hear Everyone was VERY attentive to me. The tower pleaded with me to do a fly by so they could check my gear.

Unfortunately however, I was never smart enough to play with the lights on the handle to see if the horn would stop. The problem effectively grounded me because I had to fly with the gear down to stop the horn. A few hundred dollars later I was up and flying again

Keven
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER PORTABLE

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 04:46 PM.
Unread 07-10-02, 01:06 AM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Post Gear warning horn...

Here we have the two parts... first the squatt switch... which is triggering it.. and the gear switches saying that the gear is down...

You can trouble shoot your problem by two ways... one is to put the plane on jacks and check the gear...

The other is to pull the covers on the engines and take a good close look at the two microswitches that are on the opposite side of the throttle attachment point... here you will see a little cam like thing that a microswitch roller used to roll on... why do I say used to.. is because they never get lubed right and they instead of rolling... slide back and forth and wear a flat spot on the little roller on the microswitch arm roller... now when you check for flat spots on that.. and don't find any... then go look at the wires that used to be soldered to the back of the switch... here you may find one that has vibriated and broken loose... a simple matter of getting out the soldering iron and re attaching it...

finally if all that looks good... their is the old contenuity check of the switch its self... here you want to .. without putting power to the plane... move the throttle open about half way so the switch will click and the cam will release it to do so... attach a circuit checker.. and when you move the little arm you should see it make and break the contact... if it doesn't then you need a new microswitch... but,....

most of the time you will find the wires broken or the switch moved or the roller flattened at one spot and is causing it to think you have not put the gear down yet... kinda thing... check the service manual for the schematic...

by the way if you re-adjust the switch make sure it is to the service manual settings... and don't over tighten the screws on the mount... else you will crack the phonolic of the switch and then you need to go get a new one...

and.... Newark electronics has them... under microswitch brand.. so you don't have to pay the high price for the cessna stock... just make sure you match the old one... that has a number on it... to the new one... and your golden...smile...

They do wear the little roller out... and that is generally what goes bad... flat spots develop.. because they are not lubed properly... smile...

Ya all might want to check yours too... and oh by the way.. their are two... one on the fwd engine the other on the rear... and is a duplicate of the fwd one... it is used to tell you when you have low MP and the gear is not down... thing... hope this helps..GMAs...