Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-27-23, 03:58 PM

mshac is on a distinguished road
Logbook access when plane shopping

I've noted two extremes lately while helping a friend shop for a plane. Sellers either make it easy to review the logs, or they make it hard.

The first group have their logs scanned into a PDF file, which they have uploaded to a cloud server, which allows them to simply text or email a link to anyone they want to give access. Some even have the link and/or PDFs files themselves listed in the ad so anyone can review the logs without even contacting the seller.

The second group act as if its a big hassle to scan the logs so they haven't done it. They want you to wait until you inspect the plane in person to see the logs. Its like pulling teeth to get them to even send over pics of the last few year's entries.

I'm not actively brokering aircraft at the moment, but when I did I always had the logs ready to go in electronic format. I figured the more folks who read the logs the sooner it would sell.

Any seller (or broker) who creates impediments and obstacles to me reviewing an aircraft's entire logs will be unlikely to sell me an airplane because it creates suspicion in my mind.

My 2 cents. If you are a member of the second group and like to keep your logs close to chest when trying sell your plane, I'd like to understand why.