Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-17-06, 09:50 AM

Alfonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need A Fuel Sending Unit For C-336 Outer Left Tank

I finally got my new 1964 C-336 Skymaster out of the shop from its seven-month annual inspection. I need the left-outboard fuel sensor/sending unit part number 1426012 in an overhaulable condition. Any suggestions? Please email me to fiestair@erols.com or call me at 301-934-5656, or fax to 301-934-2111.

Also, can someone tell me please what do I need to do to be accpeted in this board?

Thanks.

Alfonso.
Unread 02-17-06, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a whole page on finding parts for your Skymaster in my "backup" website at www.SkymasterUS.com and some of the vendors listed there may be of help. I would try Don Nieser at Commodore (405-503-4686 or 722-4079) or Preferred Airparts (800-433-0814) to see if they have a new surplus unit.

You can also try some of the salvage yards for an "as-removed" unit, but follow the advise on my web page when buying such units.

In the web page I also give guidelines on the type of things you should buy new (surplus-new, if possible), those that can be bought in overhauled condition and those that can be bought "as-removed" (essentially from a parted-out aircraft). If you can find this in the surplus market, this is the kind of unit I would buy new. It shouldn't be that expensive, it's costly to install (if a used unit fails after installation), and a used unit has probably been eaten away by the same environmental forces that caused yours to fail (so it may not last long).

On the matter of the board, please note that no one gets "accepted" to this message board. Kevin runs it for the benefit of Skymaster owners and pilots, and everyone can participate, as you do now. There is no Board of Directors or other governing body.

A different outfit, the Skymaster Owners and Pilots Association (SOAPA), which mostly organizes the annual meeting, does have a governing body. Jerry DeSantis, Paul Rooy and others are involved. Send them an e-mail if you'd like to be considered, but having participated in the organization of two of these meetings, it's a lot of work! BTW, Kevin is kind enough to cover the activities of SOAPA in this website.

Ernie
Unread 02-17-06, 04:36 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Re: Need A Fuel Sending Unit For C-336 Outer Left Tank

Quote:
Originally posted by Alfonso

Also, can someone tell me please what do I need to do to be accpeted in this board?

Thanks.

Alfonso.
Alfonso, consider yourself accepted.
You have met all the requirements. You have an interest in things 336/337, and you actually submitted a message.

You're in.
Unread 02-27-06, 10:33 AM

walt is an unknown quantity at this point
fuel sending unit

I may have a good used one that you can have for free I'll check on Friday
Walt Simendinger
Nortport, N.Y,
631-757-7567
I have plenty of used parts from panel etc.
Unread 03-04-06, 11:36 AM

Alfonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you Walt for your kindness. I still need one fuel sending unit, and other parts, to get this bird flying the way it was at one time. You may email at fiestair@erols.com or call me at 301-934-5656. Thanks,

Alfonso.
Unread 06-29-06, 06:40 AM

David Dixon is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello Alfonso and all

Good to see you are finally in the air. I'm after a flap guage for my 336 any ideas?

Regards from Australia.

David

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: