Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 02-12-03, 01:05 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Angry Cpa

I see that just like last year, we get a thing scheduled up, and CPA puts one out the month before.

The big difference is that we will have fun, and it won't cost you $500.

You know, you'd think they would want to cooperate, instead of just out lining their coffers.

Tom Carr was at our gathering in OSH. Of course he doesn't participate here, because he flies a 150.
Unread 02-12-03, 06:55 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
CPA

Yea! I noticed that too and found there timing odd. But they have there thing and we have our thing. Doesn't mean any are better or worse, just different programs.

And you are right, we will have fun!

Cheers
Jerry
Unread 02-13-03, 01:59 AM

Kevin McDole is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the third year in a row that CPA's 337 class was offered in the March/April timeframe. That schedule has been posted on their site for a few months now. If you think they plan their courses to somehow interfere with this groups events, you've been listening to GMAS too long.

How many examples can you cite of a person who didn't attend one of this boards gatherings due to the CPA scheduling?

What motive could you possibly attribute to this accusation? Do you think there's some grand conspiracy to offer a class in Santa Maria CA to draw folks from Memphis?
Unread 02-13-03, 02:08 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Duh!

Gee, what a surprise! Didn't GMAs have it figured out well ahead of time? Oh well, a fool and his money soon part company.

SkyKing
Unread 02-13-03, 10:44 AM
Jim Rainer

Jim Rainer is an unknown quantity at this point
CPA

I second Kevin McDole's comments. CPA has no designs on our website. It's pure conincidence. CPA's courses (I've attended only one - the 337 course) are well worth the time and money for their content and also for the personal relationships with presenters and presentees that develops.

Let's do our thing and let them do theirs. I currently own a 337 but I've owned one or more of all the Cessna single engine line and continue to be interested in them. Some day, I'l probably be back in a single. CPA is the one best source for info on the entire Cessna piston line. I read about all the planes in the line - things have a way of spilling over from one line to another.

In short, they are good folks.