Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 09-21-11, 11:13 PM

etv100Fly is on a distinguished road
Trip to Nicaragua and Costa Rica Back Safe!

Hola group. Just want to share my trip to Managua Nicaragua, Libera Costa Rica and back to EYQ, Houston. 23.8 flight hours. Most VFR. What a trip! We shot across the Gulf at 10.5, Merida for fuel, 3 hours of paperwork! On to Managua MMNG (3.5 hrs) Had to shoot an approach 500 ft ceilings. 2 days latter take a 1 hr trip to Libera Costa Rica and overnight. 3 days latter back in the air to Tapachula. Only 2 airports allow entry from the south. Due to the Gulf weather came back the land route. Managua to Brownsvile 14.5 hrs. Man we were some tired puppies. Overnighted in BRO and returned to EYQ next day to some very nice wild fires in Waller, TX. Thats another story! Return was very easy but they do not take Dollars,Visa or Mastercard. Taxi to town to get Peso's for fuel. In Managua had to buy 20 gallons in 5 gal cans and take it to the plane and put it in via ladder. Yes these stories are real. US customs a breeze 20 minutes. I have now joined the small group of International 337 Pilots. Also I have to say as a Pilot we were treated like Gods showing up in a Skymaster Everywhere. It's something to see a 5 million $ jet parted next to the 337 and everyone just see's the Skymaster! What a thrill. Headed back in November! More as the adventure contenues. Capt Leo Feel free to ask questions.