Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 11-21-02, 09:55 PM

Rickskymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Skymaster Service Clinic

I have just come over from owning a Bonanza for the last 11 years to now owning a 337G. I could not be happier with the plane for many reasons, including 1700 lb useful load and two fans late at night.
But what I am missing and enjoyed during my time of being a member of ABS, is that they put on Service Clinics. They brought in an Expert IA, who throughly knew the plane and he spent 1-2 hours going over the plane with you being there. He would make written notes and explain his issues for you to go back and discuss with your IA.
I have to say I learned alot about the plane and things to watch out for during these "inspections". I have and would again pay reasonable money ($295) for the chance to have a real pro go over N48AT. ABS found that my having a number of planes come in that the price was affordable and guys picked up things on their plane that their IA potentially missed and/or was unaware of being an issue.
I am interested in what you guys think of this idea and could we get it on the agenda for Nashville?

Your thoughts.

Rick Galvin
Unread 11-22-02, 04:04 AM

Kevin McDole is an unknown quantity at this point
Rick,

In addition to the Nashville gathering, you might want to check out Cessna Pilots Association. CPA puts on system & procedure courses for the 337 about once per year. The next one is March 28-30, 2003 in Santa Maria CA. I've attended both the 210 and 337 courses and highly recommend them.

http://www.cessna.org/benefits/courses/index.html
Unread 11-22-02, 09:39 AM

Rickskymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
I am aware of the Clinic, it is once a year only and I dont believe they examine your airplane, only go over the general systems and procedures for the 337.
What I am suggusting is an actual examination of your airplane, going thru it with the owner and poointing out issues for further investigation.
Rick
Unread 11-23-02, 09:02 PM

skymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
go over

howdy ricky:
I am curious about bonanza's . Formerly a seneca operator. Never wanted anyone looking at my airplane unless its broken. It could be bad luck. what happened after he looked it over? JCH
Unread 11-24-02, 04:20 AM

Kevin McDole is an unknown quantity at this point
That's true - the CPA course does not examine your aircraft. However, they do demonstrate the inspection process, including gear swings using a couple of student's aircraft. But there's no guarantee that your aircraft will be chosen for this demonstration.