Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 02-10-10, 02:54 PM

Moonshine is on a distinguished road
Ride around Houston, TX area?

Hi to everyone around here!

A friend of mine is flying from Russia to Houston in about a week, and he really likes the 337 and plans to buy one - however the problem is - he never flew the Skymaster.
Is there anyone around the Houston area that could give him a ride? Not without a compensation, certainly.
Please shoot me a personal message here on the board or give me a call at 386-873-9995
Thanks a lot in advance,

Max
Unread 02-11-10, 08:49 PM

Hmm.. Noone at all? He would be willing to travel some. Any place that would rent would be perfect too - although I don't think I've seen any
Unread 02-11-10, 09:23 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Come on up to Michigan, good crisp flying up here right now.

Meet us in Lakeland for Sun N' Fun and see a bunch of Skymasters.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 02-11-10, 09:33 PM

just moved to FL from the Door Cty up in WI. I would say that "crisp" is probably an understatement
Will definitely see you guys at SnF, I'll be in the Lightning LSA/Experimental booth (FL dealer), but this friend is flying over to TX on a business trip for a week and won't be here for SnF. Oh well, might need to tell him that it flies just the way it looks
Unread 03-06-10, 09:26 AM

N5ZX is on a distinguished road
Howdy, Moonshine.
I'm in Georgetown (about 200 miles NW of HOU) and I use Sugarland (SGR) as my portal to houston whenever I'm headed that direction.
I'd love to demo the SkyMaster for your friend.
there are only four problems....
First, my boss (plane owner) keeps me randomly (franticly) busy and I cant even predict what I will be doing a few hours in advance...let alone schedule days ahead (grrr).
Second, I'm still very new to SkyMasters (only 22hrs time in type) so any demo would likely not represent the capabilities of the plane as much as it would demonstrate my LACK of capabilities.
Third, I have fresh engines and 11 hours remaining on break-in. Most demos want to chow off the full performance of the aircraft....I'm stuck at 60% for a little while longer.
Lastly, my bird is so heavily modded-out that it may not give him a representative sampling for what he may find on the market. I'm not arrogant enough to claim better or worse (yet)...but it is different.
Whith all this in mind. Send me a message when he's in Texas and if I can, I jump over and show him the plane. But I wont be doing any high-speed, low-passes.....I like my wings of equal length.
Cole
Unread 03-06-10, 10:08 AM

Thank you very much for offering, N5ZX!
The guy's already back from Texas, so I'll have to pass on the offer, but I do hugely appreciate the effort.
Hopefully I'll get a chance to see the bird some day, as I'd really like to see what a modded out 337 looks like.
All the best,

Moonshine