Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 03-17-05, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Adam Aircraft -- ANN Bashing?

I found today's article in Aero-News.net about Adam Aircraft's new plant in Utah kind of interesting. Not so much for the info in it than for the two skeptical notes inserted by ANN. Is it just me? ANN is right, perhaps, to be somewhat skeptical, but do you broadcast it as vociferously as this? Especially the last note stating that "numerous problems are being reported about both the A500 and A700 certification programs." Eclipse is a large advertiser in ANN, but I'm sure this isn't playing a part. Right?

Ernie
Unread 03-17-05, 09:03 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Oh, I don't think it's Eclipse, Ernie. Adam indicated that they thought they would be through certification sometime last year, and that hasn't happened.

So, it is more than a little puzzling that the A500 isn't certified. The production facility was expected to be announced after, or about, the time they had a certificate. Their website says they are close on the A500.

One of the things left out of the statement was that they had looked at TN and TX, but UT offered them a $10,000,000 tax abatement. Also, it's in the same town as Williams, the engine people.

A quote about the financial incentives, from the SL Tribune says "Under the act's provisions, the state will rebate to Adam Aircraft a total of 30 percent of any new state sales, corporate and employment tax revenue the project generates over 15 years. "

That's a heck of an incentive.
Unread 03-17-05, 11:18 PM

KyleTownsend is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone seen an A500 yet? They look like really nice airplanes. Unfortunately, a little out of my range (by about 1mm!).
Unread 03-18-05, 02:01 AM

Ernie:

Now that I have acttually gone over to the article on ANN, I see what you mean. They definietly took a couple of shots at ADAM. I couldn't begin to speculate why.

I have never been to ANN before. However, an article entitled "Tails you Loose" concerning the Airbus incident makes me wonder about them (I didn't read the article, just saw the title).
Unread 03-18-05, 07:31 AM

stackj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stackj
Saw both Adam models at Oshkosh last year. They're bigger than I expected.
Unread 03-19-05, 09:32 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Angry X-model

Hhmmm. This IS interesting. We're told this website is supposed to be about "Skymasters" and is "Dedicated to C336, C337 and M337 (O-2) Aircraft", yet here we go with some other manufacturer. What's with you Kevin? How come you're not superimposing your website 'master' duties... like you do when I say write something that's not on your politically correct list of subkects?

SkyKing
Unread 03-19-05, 10:48 PM

Aero-news.net is reporting a gear collapse incident on an A500 friday in Florida, resulting in minor damage.
Unread 03-23-05, 08:22 AM

TGresham is an unknown quantity at this point
If I heard it right, Adam (the person who founded the company) owned a 337 (don't know which model), and that was the basis for his deciding to go with a centerline thrust design for this pressurized twin.

Last year at Oshkosh I had a close encounter with the Adam jet, when were both arriving. It's a good looking plane -- when it's not pointed right at you! <grin>