Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-08-10, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Please reduce your pictures

Please, please reduce your pictures before posting, so we may save space in our server and delay the added cost of getting more capacity.

The panel picture posted below is the same as the one posted in the earlier message, but reduced to screen size before posting. It now occupies 77,000 bytes, instead of over 2 million bytes, and as you can see provides exactly the same information in a standard screen size*.

An easy way to reduce the size is to open the picture using Microsoft Paint (part of Accessories in your list of programs). It will show the picture in actual size. If it overwhelms the screen, where you need 6 - 8 screens to view the whole picture, simply click Image, click Resize and put some percentage numbers (I used 20% on each side). If the result is too big or too small, click Edit and click Undo (or CTRL Z) to go back and do it again.

One last thing: don't ZIP the pictures. Zipping a file is a compression technique that reduces space, except that pictures from a digital camera come out in a JPG format which is already compressed, so it has negligible effect (it's great, however, for images in BMP format and for Word documents, such as a checklist).

Thank you,
Ernie

* Original pictures from good digital cameras come out huge because they contain the high resolution needed to enlarge them and print them. But for computer screen-size dimensions, they can be reduced to as little as 1/30 of their byte size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reduced 337 Panel.jpg
Views:	1238
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1127  
Unread 05-08-10, 01:01 PM

dwbomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry Ernie. I deleted the attachment. DW
Unread 05-08-10, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, DW. My intention was more so future images are smaller.

Ernie
Unread 05-09-10, 02:37 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbomber View Post
I got fed-up with bouncing needles and went all digital on the engine instruments. Electronics Int. makes the manifold pres. , Tach, Oil Temp, and Oil Pressure. I really like the digital and bar graph fuel level instrument. It was from an outfit in Canada, I will have to look in my paperwork for their name. It was a pain to calibrate cause ya have to climb up a ladder with 1 gallon at a time. (1 gallon = around 10 milivolts) I will attach a pic and hope I can get it right....DW Note: The fuel level is toggled to the left tank after a recent flight. OOOps, I forgot about the Volts & Amps...also from Electronic Int. When the tanks are full, the bar graphs look kinda cool as they are green at the top! With todays fuel prices, it reminds me of what I have in my tanks...A whole lotta Green. Before my next flight, I will top them off and post a pic if anyone wants to see...Cheers
Are these STC'd for Skymaster? I think the EI stuff is but I have not seen the fuel gauge like this before. Did you do field approval for it? I am looking to install a graphic engine analyzer this fall. How does the Insight compare to JPI, EI? Is the Insight you have installed new? What instrument is allowed to replace the original fuel flow? Or do you still have the original? Is it a Shadin? Nice panel

Did you have any problem with the field approval on the new flat aluminum panel?

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 05-09-10, 07:50 PM

dwbomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Aerospace Logic

Herb

The fuel level gauge is from Aerospace Logic Inc. (FL-100-R). The Shadin, and Insight were previously installed. My IA handled all of the paperwork. I initially wanted only the M.P. & Tach from E.I. , my IA talked me into the rest...Yes, I really like my panel now. IF you line your engines up with these digital gauges just once, you will never go back to bouncing needles!! (Just like I will never go back to flying a single) DW

Last edited by dwbomber : 05-09-10 at 10:02 PM.
Unread 05-19-17, 05:13 PM

kragby is on a distinguished road
[quote=edasmus;13898]Just got an interesting phone call from Aero-Mach

Anyone have a schematic for the fuel monitor box? That would be helpful. Aero Mach repaired mine but it still didn't work - mechanic here too busy so I did some troubleshooting and found the shielded cable to the outer probe was shorted. After replacing the box would work after warming up for 15 minutes. Just a month out of warranty Aero Mach wants another 800 to repair again. I'd like to trouble shoot the unit myself but need a schematic. Greatly appreciate any help and happy to pay for copy.
Unread 11-04-17, 03:17 PM

chrisktx is on a distinguished road
Went through three boxes with Aero-Mach. Had another mechanic familiar with Pennycap system tell me the connectors at the box are very sensitive. Don’t manhandle and push the leads in too hard. Ok course the left tank is starting to act up after warranty. Gauge wants to read full. After shutdown and restart with partial tanks it registers somewhat correctly. Horrible system.
Unread 11-05-17, 03:38 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
Ugh, it is a horrible system. I feel bad you had to go through all that. I would say the fuel control monitor (signal conditioner) and the over-voltage issues I have had, have been the worst issues I have had to deal with over years. Thankfully (knocking vigorously on wood), my fuel gauges have done quite well once I got through that issue. The Skymaster is a great airplane but anything malfunctioning that is electrical is always no fun. Hopefully you are good to go for awhile now!

Good Luck,

Ed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: