Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 10-31-03, 09:15 PM

PetePearson is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Insurance

I am closing in on purchasing a 337 and was wondering if anyone has suggestion on insurance providers. I recieved 2 quotes in the $2700 - $2800 range. Both quotes have a $10,000 deductable for landing gear up induced damages. I am an ATP/CFII/MEI with 5500 TT and 775 MEL with 23 in type. Do you think the prices are in line? All suggestion will be appreciated.
Unread 10-31-03, 11:05 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Pete,

It depends on what hull value you are insuring, but the costs you describe do not seem to be completely out of line with what others are paying, even with your high experience level. Here are a couple of threads to look at:

http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...=&threadid=759
http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...=&threadid=733

You could also do a search (Click on Search at the top of this page) using the keyword insurance to see many other threads on this subject.

Good luck in your quest...

Kevin
Unread 11-01-03, 01:24 PM

rick bell is an unknown quantity at this point
ins

really pays to do a comphrensive search (a lot of work; but can lead to hugh savings) skysmith insurance charged me 450 for mex liab. but by joining the baja bush pilots assoc. for 39 i get it for 110. several years ago i mentioned this group look into a self insurance pool; because the rate are based totally greed and not risks.
Unread 11-03-03, 02:07 PM

Mark Hislop is an unknown quantity at this point
The biggest impact on my insurance rates is the hull value. Your rates sound about right if your hull value is around $100K, based on my experience. It will probably come down a little bit when you have even more time in type. The insurance companies seem to think the P model is something different. I orginally had a lot of trouble finding a check pilot acceptable to the insurance company, because while he had 1000 hours in 337's, and about 1,000 hours in 421's, he did not have any P337 time. How stupid.

Also, the last two years, I have had the 10,000 LG deductable disclaimer added to my policy. The broker said all of the insurance companies were doing that now.

I have had very good luck over the course of 15 years with Wenk Aviation Insurance in Highland Park, IL. I have insured a Lance, two Senecas, and now my Skymaster with them, and have had to make a claim through them, and have been please in all cases. Their number is (847) 433-8370.

Mark