Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-28-23, 08:39 PM

YankeeClipper is on a distinguished road
Just thought I would point out in this thread, as I believe I did in another, that Rob Air repair in Washington will do an exchange or repack your own serviceable swivels. As of this year he's charging 500 each, with $1,000 core if yours is not serviceable.
Unread 01-05-24, 06:21 PM

rmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Ovh on own?

So the early part of thread was encouraging...rebuild your own very easily for 75 cents, then devolved to send off for $500/ea.

Has anyone rebuilt their own? If so, do you have a list of p/n for each part needed and/or other kit?
Unread 01-05-24, 09:16 PM

Joes is on a distinguished road
two different approaches

Brake line swivel fix in search
Unread 01-05-24, 10:44 PM

YankeeClipper is on a distinguished road
Well it's better than paying the going rate for these new ... after you've sweat for 3 days wondering if such a unicorn exists. My recent sweat indicated to me that it's just a unicorn.

I have absolutely no basis to verify the suitability of these part numbers, but if you're willing to give it a go as a few others have, the parts they used are:

"MS28775-010, be sure to lube it up alittle before sticking it back in. Then I replaced the larger O-ring that plugs into the landing gear block with MS28775-110"

Lube it up with what, you ask? 5606 maybe ... Maybe, or whatever Rob Air repair does was my my answer, before they bench test it for 3 days, guarantee the result, and invite me to put my family alongside it. For 500 each I went that route.

And if you think that is a devolution, just wait until the next time you shop for a replacement wheel, or better yet, a new brake caliper assembly (and you will). I hate to say it, but we are all flying Model T Fords that need to resemble the original product exactly as it was built. Whether we like it or not, at this point we are all restorationists--either the religious kind, or the ones that bring ancient pyramids back to life. Your choice.

Last edited by YankeeClipper : 01-05-24 at 10:51 PM.