Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-10-05, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Paul Rooy wrote a short blurb on the Bahamas trip and the Miami evening stop-over on the Home page, and I thank him for that. I didn't take pics with my camera and instead relied on others, so hopefully will see some pics soon. While we're waiting for those, and in the spirit of adding a bit of meat to the affair for those who didn't make it and are hungry for details, let me share some thoughts I've had. These are peripheral things, over and above the fine talks we heard at the meeting.

It was very interesting to hear from Jenny and Jim Stack the people problems they've had with their aircraft, considering Jenny's job with the FAA.

It was an eye opener to see Walt and Jean Simendinger's beautifully restored 336.

It was fascinating to listen to Dave Riley's stories of his FAC days flying O2-As in Vietnam.

Ken Hollrah took his wife Dee Ann and me to the Bahamas in their 337P, and it was good to hear about LOP -- given that I would talk about it at the meeting later that week -- from someone so knowledgeable about it.

Finally, I can't tell you how incredible it was to see the 21 strangers from all around the U.S that went on the Bahamas trip come together as a group of friends, united largely by a single interest: flying their Skymasters. And hats off to Jim and Joyce Muse of California, who graciously flew Wayne and Dianne Craw of Montana, first to the Bahamas and back, and then to Key West; by the end of the week, it seemed they had become good friends. What a delightful foursome!

Ernie