Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 12-31-07, 12:38 AM

Alfonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Wingtip Tanks, Winglets And Tail Boom Fairings For C336 Or C337.

I would very much appreciate if anyone who is using or has used the winglets and or boom fairings, and the 20-gal. wingtip tanks with STCs for the C336 made by Aviation Enterprises of Nashville, TN, to please provide me with any information as to its effectiveness, efficiency, lower fuel consumption, speed improvement, and all the good and or the bad of them, if any.

Also if anyone has had an FAA Field Approval for any wingtip tanks, please let me know, as I want to do the same to my C336.

Lastly, does any one has ferry tanks available for sale or can recommend a place to build them?

Thank you for your help. Alfonso. Cell 202-309-3969.
Unread 01-01-08, 07:35 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Alfonso, good luck on RTW.

Flint also makes wing tip tanks for the Skymaster.

I don't have a clue on the costs. You could consider a 55 gallon drum in the cockpit for extra fuel. You'll have to plumb it into the main tanks, with a pump.

If you kept the plumbing parts seperate, you could remove the drum when you didn't need it, and get one when you did.

Last edited by WebMaster : 01-01-08 at 07:37 AM.
Unread 01-01-08, 10:15 AM

Alfonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Wingtip Tanks, Winglets And Tail Boom Fairings For C336 Or C337.

Thank you Larry and Happy New Year.

YES, Flint Aero makes wingtip tanks for the C337 and has STCs for them, but not for C336. I am working with them trying to get FAA Field Approval, but the FAA said it would be better, faster, and cheaper if Flint Aero request for a Supplemental STC to include the C336. I hope they pursue it. Those wingtip tanks cost near ten thousand dollars. If I can find anyone who has obtained an FAA Field Approval for wingtip tanks on a C336, it would facilitate my Field Approval from the FAA.

The 55 gallons drums is a good and economical idea. Do you know what is needed regarding paperwork from FAA or other countries approvals?

Do you know, or know someone that may knows, anything about the winglets and tail boon fairings made by Aviation Enterprises?
Unread 01-01-08, 12:00 PM

Skymaster337B is an unknown quantity at this point
Does the 55 gal drum have to be FAA/PMA approved? I don't know the answer, but I would guess that a ferry tank must be "approved" to meet airworthy standards.
Unread 01-01-08, 12:47 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Actually, not.
If you read many of the RTW flight reports, it is a simple way of adding extra fuel, in a non-permanent manner. In some places, it makes adding fuel easier, as well, because the drum can be taken to the fueling point, then pumped into the tanks.

Certainly, the installation of the plumbing to the tanks must have a field approval.

Oh, the tank is "Owner Supplied Parts"

Last edited by WebMaster : 01-01-08 at 02:33 PM.
Unread 01-14-08, 05:30 PM

walt is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a set of wing tanks for a 337 along with the boom fairings. NO PAPER WORK great shape. I have the tail number they came off of during a repaint.
Walt simendinger
631-757-7567
$2500.00 for all