Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-04-07, 11:05 PM

gkey is an unknown quantity at this point
She's here!

Oh, the joy! GKEY has finally made it home. The past 3 months she was on my name, but stranded out west on Vancouver Island. Finally the weather gave just enough gap last Monday for my ferry pilot to get her over the Rockeys and into Alberta - after 7 days trying.

My instructor had to complete 10 hours first, since he has not flown in-lines before (but many Navajo's and King Air's), and has finished this part on the insurance company's list within a few days. According to him she is a "very boring plane", becasue there are absolutely no quirks. She flies "very afirmative" and "solid". No surprises. She's like "an elephant that can ballet".

Now it is my turn. I have to complete 25 hours with him on GKEY, before I can solo this bird. And only then can I re-install the aft seats for passengers (also an insurance thing).

So, tomorrow my new life with GKEY begins. My route is from Cold Lake (Alberta) to Brandon (South-West Manitoba), and back. Should keep me busy for about 7 hours in total.

I am very exited, but also quite apprehensive about the sheer size, mass and power difference this thing has compared to my 172...wish me luck!