Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 01-22-04, 10:54 PM
Keven

New Orleans

My lovely bride and I are flying to New Orleans for Valentines weekend. We're staying in the French Quarter. Any of you locals or frequent travelers have suggestions on which airport to land and tie-down? Costs, transportation to town, convenience, etc.?

Thanks,

Keven
________
COACH HANDBAGS

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 05:06 PM.
Unread 01-23-04, 07:55 PM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
Talking Trip

Hi Keven, Not a local but last time I flew to New Orleans I landed at MSY, which is their International airport. I think the FBO was General Aviation Corp. Nice stay and easy going. Have a great trip.
Jerry
Unread 01-29-04, 10:27 PM

Don Hickman is an unknown quantity at this point
Keven,

Just got back from New Orleans again (Sunday) and it was great as usual. You and the missus will have a good Valentine's Day.

I have always landed at Lakefront (NEW) and used GAC as the FBO. The name has now changed to Atlantic and, if anything, the service is even better.

However, on this trip, U.S. Customs refused to send an inspector to NEW so I had to amend my flight plan and land at MSY. First time there. I still used GAC (same as DeSantis recommended) but again, the name has changed to Atlantic. This FBO was very good, clean and the service was excellent. Gas was $2.80 as I recall. Gas at Lakefront is a bit more expensive.

Lakefront gets lots of military trainers and is generally fairly calm and laid back. Facilities at the FBO there (Atlantic) are older but adequate. MSY is a busy international place with lots of commercial airliner traffic. The tower guy could talk faster than I can read but ground control was very helpful in guiding me around.

It's a toss-up. They're both good, just different.
Unread 01-30-04, 08:46 AM

skymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
lakefront

once trapped by coldfront. plane went to the hanger. waves were slapping the hanger. outside it was salt water city. Its moniker is appropriate. J