Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-18-02, 12:04 AM

336 Vs. 337?

Hello, I am looking for a Nice 337 or even considering a 336, I have been trying to get some info on both planes, the 337 is easy, I have read a lot of info on it and are mostly confortable with all the details, however apart from some basic differences, the info on the 336 from actual owners is really scarse. Maybe you can help me decide, I need some specifics as whats the real difference in speed from a normally aspirated 337 and a 336, what about flying? Is there much difference in “feel” and about the rear engine cooling, I supose the original fan works, since this planes have been flying for almost 40 years, but is it a maintenance problem? Is it too delicate? Does it do a good job in cooling the engine? (I have no doubts that the sccop is better, but how much?)

I am selling a 1965 Cherokee 235 (VERY good condition), once I sell it I will be ready to get either a Skymaster or a 336 if it sounds good. So far all the owners of 337s seem to drive me away from the 336, but no convincing reasons so far. If the speed difference is less than 10 Kt. Or so (which is what I have been able to get so far) then it would seem like a 336 is a very good economical twin. It seems that real world 337 only fly at about 155 Kt. True and not the optimistic 167 that the specs say

Many thanks in advance for you thoughts.

regards,

Ignacio Romero