Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Unread 07-22-07, 10:46 PM

Ron Moore is an unknown quantity at this point
7 O-2's for sale by USAF

[url="https://www.pixs.wpafb.af.mil/pixs_solicitation.asp?id=5289"]

See link for bid details

Property offered consists of seven Cessna O-2A (Model 336) Skymaster aircraft owned and operated by the Department of Defense. Six of the seven aircraft have maintenance records. The aircraft without maintenance records will be available for static display only and no Bill of Sale will be issued. These aircraft were obtained by the National Museum of the United States Air Force (NMUSAF) as Department of Defense (US Air Force) excess property. CLOSING DATE/TIME: 6 August 2007, 1600 Hours Daylight Savings Time All proposals must be received by 1600 hours Daylight Savings Time on 6 August 2007.
Unread 07-24-07, 09:53 PM

Skymaster337B is an unknown quantity at this point
I looked at the advertisement. I'm not sure I believe it's anything more than a scam. How can a museum in Ohio own these airplanes, but they are in Tucson. I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale too. Anyone interested?
Unread 07-25-07, 10:43 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Here is the original message.

CESSNA O-2A SUPER SKYMASTER

NMUSAF Solicitation 07-001

Closing Date: 6 Aug 07

The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force (NMUSAF) has seven Cessna O-2A aircraft available for exchange. All aircraft are currently located at Davis-Monthan AFB AZ and may be viewed by appointment only from 23 Jul thru 3 Aug 07. USAF maintenance records for six of the aircraft will also be available for inspection. One aircraft does not have maintenance records and can only be utilized for static display. Contact either Barbara Young at Barbara.Young@wpafb.af.mil phone (937) 255-5174 ext 375 or Mark Miller at Mark.Miller@wpafb.af.mil phone (937) 255-5174 ext 340 for additional information or to schedule an inspection date. The NMUSAF reserves the right to reject any and all proposals received. All proposals must be received in a sealed envelope no later than 1600 (4:00 PM EDT) on 6 Aug 07. The solicitation number and closing date must be on the outside of the envelope. Proposals received after 1600 on 6 Aug 07 will not be considered.

There are 7 files attached

There is also a spreadsheet.
The museum does in fact own the aircraft, and is trading them for something they want. Cash is one of those things they may want.

FYI, someone I know is going to Davis-Monthan to examine them.
This is a legitimate offer to purchase 7 0-2's. Note, however, that is for all 7, not just 1 or 2, and you must remove them from Davis-Monthan all at once, and at least 1 of them is for static display only, and (seems like a lot of ands), only 2 of them have any propellors, and at least 1 is missing landing gear, including the nose gear.

A further note
O-2A 67-21395 is for static display only, no bill of sale will be issued. The reason that we cannot issue a Bill of Sale is that we do not have maintenance records for the aircraft. The aircraft has been used as a static display/ground trainer previously at two different locations. The O-2 Hours spreadsheet has been updated

Much as I would like to own your bridge, and much as I would like to own an 0-2, I can't handle 7 of them.
Unread 07-25-07, 03:06 PM

John Hoffman is an unknown quantity at this point
thought 0-2s were 337s not 336s
Unread 07-28-07, 11:57 AM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Skymaster337B
I looked at the advertisement. I'm not sure I believe it's anything more than a scam.
This is not the first time these aircraft have been sold like this. It's the real thing but be careful. These airplanes have been parked and moff balled for many years. One of them cannot be flown because of legal reasons. It is being sold for static display only.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years
Unread 08-02-07, 05:47 PM

AussieO2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Larry, I am having trouble accessing the web page, cannot find a link to the 7 files and spreadsheet that you mention.. Can you help ? or am I dumb. Would like to obtain a bit of info on these birds, numbers, etc.... Hopefully there is some in these files.Thanks.
Unread 08-03-07, 05:36 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Here is the spreadsheet they sent along, with registration numbers and more information on thier condition.
Attached Files
File Type: xls o-2 hours 2007-07-17.xls (18.0 KB, 2099 views)
Unread 08-20-07, 11:15 AM

bncme262 is an unknown quantity at this point
what happened with the sale of o2's

ron: do you know the result of the o-2 sale? thanks ben bncme262
Unread 12-01-10, 06:03 PM

AussieO2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy What happened with the sale

A recent check of the O-2 fleet at AMARC, reveals that all seven are still parked there, so, obviously 'no sale'.