Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-08-04, 03:58 PM

337G is an unknown quantity at this point
337g Poh

Hi there every one I am new to this site having just found it recently. I will be flying a 1976 "G" model up here in Canada.

I was wondering a couple of things. Does any one have or know where I may be able to find an electronic copy of the POH to download for free?

Secondly, has any one out there have any kind of an electronic W&B form for the 337G that i could also download from them.

Thank you in advance for your help and I look forward to speaking with each one of you on this forum.
Unread 12-08-04, 04:31 PM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Post POH

Hi "337g"...

You'll have to 'order' the POH from Cessna, since it is a proprietary item, on which they have exclusive copyright protection. It is not available for 'free' or as a download. They're not terribly expensive, probably around $40 US, maybe more now.

As far as the W&B for your airplane, you can also order up a copy of the original from Cessna, together with an original equipment list as manufactured, but at this late date, the W&B from Cessna probably wouldn't do you much good, considering your plane has most likely had changes made to it.

Didn't you get any paperwork when you bought it???

Incidentally, the POH has a complete tabbed "Weight & Balance/Equipment List" section consisting of about 31-pages, as well as a sample W&B for the airplane... but you DO NEED the specific numbers such as weight and moment from your specific airplane.

Hope this helps.

SkyKing
Unread 12-08-04, 05:17 PM

POH

Thanks Skyking,

That is what I had expected. I haven't got the plane yet so I was just trying to get a leg up on it so I guess I will just wait for it and the POH.

As far as the W&B is concerned I just thought maybe someone had made up one for this model on Excell or something.

Merry Christmas
Unread 12-08-04, 06:18 PM

Frank Benvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Where in Canada are you located??? We are on Vancouver Island. Owned 3 three 337B's and one P337G Still have 2 337B's

Frank
Unread 12-08-04, 07:12 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
I have an Excel spreadsheet made up for my previous airplane, a '73 P337G. You would have to plug in your empty weight an moment, and I would have to explain how to use it to you. No warranty of correctness from me, please run manual W&B to compare with the spreadsheet results. Call me at 503-693-7266 and I can email you a copy. I would like to speak to you first though.

Kevin Mackenzie
webmaster@337skymaster.com
Unread 12-08-04, 07:21 PM

POH

One other thought, and that is you might want to purchase a POH from Cessna just to have a spare on hand. I keep one in the plane, of course, and one at the house for ready-reference. And, since these POH manuals will, by their virtue of being for an 'old' plane... even though its 'new' to you... some of these manuals and things might 'dry-up', so it's probably wise to have a pair and a spare.

SkyKing
Unread 12-08-04, 08:22 PM

POH

FRANK...

I am located in Winnipeg.

Kevin... I will call you one evening soon, where is 503 area?

SKYKING...A good point I may just do that.
Unread 12-08-04, 08:27 PM

503 is in that great irish state: O'Regon. Pacific time. I'm around from 7AM to 11 and 2PM to 9PM most days.

Kevin
Unread 12-09-04, 09:17 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Esso sells POH's for most planes.
You might want to get one from them.
Unread 12-09-04, 03:50 PM

Hey Mr. "337g"... just curious if the plane you're obtaining happens to be C-GKEY, the all 'red' and very sharp looking 337G with the belly pod??

SkyKing
Unread 12-10-04, 02:48 AM

Kevin McDonnell is an unknown quantity at this point
You can get the manuals from:

http://www.esscoaircraft.com

or directly from Cessna at: (316)517-5800

When you speak with Cessna, you'll need to be clear on the following terminology:

POH: is a manual for a specific serial number aircraft. It is something Cessna can assemble (at significant cost - maybe $200?) according to the way that aircraft left the factory.

PIH: (Pilot Information Manual): Is essentially a generic POH for a particular model (or year) of an aircraft. It will look virtually identical to the POH, but does not contain the precise equipment list or weight & balance. These are available in the $40 to $50 range.

Essco's website uses these terms interchangeable - but technically they're selling you a PIH.

I do think the PIH is what you want - especially since you're not trying to replace/recreate a missing POH.
Unread 12-12-04, 08:07 PM

337G POH

Hey SkyKing,

Yes and no...I am flying for the same organization but will be in "KEY's sister". May get some time in KEY some time though. They also have a Lance and a commance. Pm/email me if ya wana know more.
Unread 12-12-04, 11:49 PM

Just to remind everyone, the private message function does not work on this site at the moment.

Kevin
webmaster

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: