Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-10-21, 04:29 PM

YankeeClipper is on a distinguished road
CFI's with Time in Type in the Northeast?

Apologies if this should be in the resources section, but wasn't sure if that's more for posting info, less for cluttering with requests.

Has anyone recently come across a CFI between NJ and Maine that could provide some time for my local CFI? Would be happy to use their plane or mine, as preferred.
Unread 11-11-21, 03:39 PM

TomM is on a distinguished road
Ohio CFI

New Jersey to central Maine is about 440 miles. Tiffen OH is about 440 miles from NJ and Brad Newman with Tiffen Aire is a CFI with time in the Skymaster as well as a DPE who will do a center thrust check ride. I used him in the DPE role a year and a half ago when I got my ME rating, he is a great guy based on my experience. Might be worth a check.
Unread 11-11-21, 11:40 PM

wslade2 is on a distinguished road
So did you get a centerline thrust endorsement? I thought I was told that’s not recognized anymore.
Unread 11-12-21, 07:16 AM

From the ACS for private pilots, updated 6.6.19:

Removal of the “Limited to Center Thrust” Limitation

The “Limited to Center Thrust” limitation for the AMEL rating is issued to applicants who complete the practical test for the AMEL rating in an aircraft that does not have a manufacturer’s published VMC. When conducting a practical test for the purpose of removing the “Limited to Center Thrust” limitation from the AMEL rating, the applicant must be tested on the multiengine Tasks identified in the table below in a multiengine airplane that has a manufacturer’s published VMC speed. This speed would be found on the type certificate data sheet (TCDS) or in the AFM. If the limitation will be removed under parts 121, 135, or 142, it must be done in accordance with an approved curriculum or training program. An applicant who holds an airplane instrument rating and has not demonstrated instrument proficiency in a multiengine airplane with a published VMC shall complete the additional Tasks listed under Removal of the “Airplane Multiengine VFR Only” Limitation section
Unread 11-30-21, 08:05 PM

rhurt is on a distinguished road
A good guy in NJ is Tom Kramer at Sky Manor airport (N40). He runs a flight school and has 337 time.

I do quite a bit of Skymaster instruction, but live in Nashville. Willing to travel though...
Unread 04-23-23, 11:43 AM

Joes is on a distinguished road
Looking for CFII

I currently have a instrument rating for single engine land, would like to find someone for a instrument checkride to include on my mel clt rating. Any help would be appreciated.
Unread 04-23-23, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joes View Post
I currently have a instrument rating for single engine land, would like to find someone for a instrument checkride to include on my mel clt rating. Any help would be appreciated.
I know it has been said before, but consider getting the MEL in a conventional twin. You won't build much time preparing for it, and your testing logistics will be a whole lot less fragile.

The MEL was a breeze in a Seneca I. Though my aging knees did smart a little after a long practice.
Unread 04-23-23, 10:28 PM

bjornfb is on a distinguished road
I agree: get a conventional MEL, it makes everything easier.

-Bjorn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: