Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-12-18, 01:23 PM

Skywalker is on a distinguished road
Cargo Door Installation Advice

Hello Guys
as my plane ;N88TN is still under few upgrades and annual inspections in Canada, i am considering about Cargo door modification, as it seems the pain in the neck kind of thing to put 110 liters of ;normal suit cases; thru the main door and to the back seats,( although i never did this ) the price of this mod with installation is huge, 25K USD (for P model ); does any one has done this mod on P Model ?,will highly appreciate the advise, and feed back.
Also other pilots Inputs about loading and unloading the suitcases in C337 ,is it really hard to get the stuff loaded/unloaded thru main door, ? , i did read some discussion about the Cargo Door and where RT owner Roy ,is defending the soundness of his installation, and tests performed to ensure the integrity and safety of the installation , but for me its still a major alteration of the airframe and another point of failure which will be added into the airframe??
pls advise,
Regards
Dennis
Unread 11-12-18, 01:58 PM

Trippster is on a distinguished road
Dennis,

I spoke with Ramon about this mod a few weeks ago and posted it on here, but then the messages got deleted. Leighton posted that he has it and likes it. I'm seriously considering it, but I don't have a P model, so it's closer to US$10K vs $25K. Some folks made the very valid question about whether a cargo pod might not be a better and cheaper means of dealing with cargo. It certainly means you don't have to cut into the fuselage and deal with that.

Does your P model have the fuel valves in that wall? That was something Ramon asked because some do and some don't. If it does, that changes things also. Good luck.

Tripp
Unread 11-12-18, 04:47 PM

Skywalker is on a distinguished road
Baggage/cargo Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippster View Post
Dennis,

I spoke with Ramon about this mod a few weeks ago and posted it on here, but then the messages got deleted. Leighton posted that he has it and likes it. I'm seriously considering it, but I don't have a P model, so it's closer to US$10K vs $25K. Some folks made the very valid question about whether a cargo pod might not be a better and cheaper means of dealing with cargo. It certainly means you don't have to cut into the fuselage and deal with that.

Does your P model have the fuel valves in that wall? That was something Ramon asked because some do and some don't. If it does, that changes things also. Good luck.

Tripp
Hello Trip
the plane C-FJWT ,now N88TN had the cargo pod, and it was 10+ knots of penalty and lot of holes in the pressure hull and previous owner just scrap it ;-(((
its P337 ,1979 Model ,so i have to deal with the fuel valves issue , just got a reply from Roy ,it will take 90 days to deliver,and i am planning to fly the plane to Europe before X-mass, so i decided to wait for this mod, i will fly the plane with out baggage door and then decide later on, but all advises and opinions are welcome from the current users.

Regards
Dennis

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: