Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-08-03, 02:15 PM

rick bell is an unknown quantity at this point
gear stuck in transit

departed kprc enroute to kyum selected the gear handel up and the gear started to retract, at the 1/2 point the gear stuck. looked at the side mirror and it indicated the gear was only 1/2 way up and the nose wheel was turned sideways (making a extra rudder goiing to the right. recycled the gear handel many time, nothing. checked the ckt. breaker it had poped. reset the breaker and recycled the gear several times again, nothing. pulled the cover off the lower consul and felt the motor (very hot) so i pull ed the breaker out, then checked the pummp for fluid and the dip stick showed oil. decided to leave it alone until reaching kyum. 20 miles out decended and slowed down and put the breaker back in and cycled the gear again, nothing (during all this time the green light stayed on and the horn kept beeping). decided to pump the gear down, the hand pump built up pressure and became to hard to pump (5miles out). on short final retried the pump and was able to get four or five more pumps and the gear moved about 6 inches outboard. laned and the gear moved the rest of the way out and locked (lucky ducky). has anyone experienced this or something simular and if so what action was taken tofix the problem. my concern the shop at yuma will recycle the gear 10 times or so and not be able to determine the cause without some help. if anyone knows please let me know. thank's rick