Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 04-08-02, 02:28 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Welcome...

Welcome to the Skymaster Owners and Pilots web site (SOAP for short). This site was created to provide a place for owners and pilots of C336, C337 and O-2 aircraft to meet to share information and discuss Skymasters and all that relates to Skymasters, as well as related aviation subjects.

All messages submitted to this site become public domain. A backup of data content of this site will be provided to two active users of the site, in case Kevin becomes unable to continue to operate it for any reason. Current site backup holders are Bob Cook and Larry Bowdish.

This message board has several features you may find useful.

- You may include attachements with your messages. Current max is 10 MB, but if you wish to share large files, please contact me at webmaster@337skymaster.com, and I will arrange to make your larger file available, assuming it is of general interest.

- The board makes it very easy to find the new messages since your last visit. Click on View New Posts in the upper right corner of any of the message board pages.

- You may search the messages in this board for keywords, buy author, etc.

- You can edit a message after you have posted it, either to update it or correct errors you spot after the initial posting.

- User's email addresses are hidden (unless they type them in as part of the post), but you can click on their user name to send them an email (unless they have blocked this feature in their user profile).

- You may "subscribe" to a forum or thread, and receive an email every time a message is posted there. (If more than one is posted, you will receive only one or two emails until you visit the site, so we won't fill up your mailbox.)

- You may ask to receive an email every time a message is posted in response to a thread you start.

- The board is moderated Kevin Mackenzie. Moderated means that message threads will continue to be organized under proper subjects, and posts completely off aviation topics will be removed. Kevin plans to review the new postings twice a day most days.

The software used to operate this board has been modified to a certain extent for use here, but it needs more, which will occur over the coming months (what web site is ever finished?). Your comments on difficulties you have using it, and suggestions for improvement, will be greatly appreciated, and acted on to the best of our ability, with in the constraints of the time Kevin and Liza have to devote to this board. Please send you comments to webmaster@337skymaster.com.

We hope you enjoy using this site, and make visiting it a regular thing.

Blue skies,

Kevin and Liza Mackenzie

Last edited by kevin : 07-24-03 at 01:46 PM.
Unread 04-16-02, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome

Kevin:

Great job, looks beautiful and very informative.

I don't really have any comments of substance, just nit-picking stuff. On the top blue border of the Home, Resources, etc. pages the space between the three white links (Site Info, Contact, Home) is unequal (I told you I'd be nit-picking, but the pages are so beutiful that this struck out at me). That's all I have on the Website (I still find the Message Board a little less friendly than Peter's, but that's just because I'm used to his).

On your e-mail to complete the registration I found several small items. The line giving the link for AOL users has several extraneous HTML characters (<a href=...>), on one of the paragraphs after the links the word OUR should be OR, and you say that we'll need to input the registration ID number but the page we go to completes the registration without us having to give it the ID number.

Ernie Martin
Unread 04-16-02, 10:39 AM

Thanks Ernie for the feedback, and the nice words, Ernie. The message board is prefab, and I hacked it quickly to make it minimally useful and appropriate to the site (the software has a bunch more features that I think just add clutter), but I need to do much more. There are still a number of things on the screen that don't match the style of the rest of the site, or are just plain wrong. For example, if you go in to My Settings, you will see all the fields that *used* to be on the registration page. But it was requesting so much data, I thought it would push people away. So I cut just the new registration page, without taking the time to fix the rest.

Ah well, as you know, a web site is never done.

Kevin
Unread 04-16-02, 12:41 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Looks good, Kevin.
I especially like the link to the O-2's.
In resources, you might consider Don Nieser, who is a very friendly person.
I very much like the attach file option. It was sorely needed on Peter's site.
Good job, well done.
Larry
Unread 04-16-02, 08:53 PM
A&P/IA

FRED-E is an unknown quantity at this point
New Site

GREAT JOB !!!!!!!
If this is anything like what we can expect in the future, keep it up.
Fred Emde N358
Unread 04-17-02, 05:11 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Looking good!

Kevin,

For just 'throwing' this together, you've done a superb job! My impression is that the site has the look and feel of the business end of the Skymaster - the left seat. It looks good - very professional!

We've just now resolved our difficulties with Microsoft after experiencing a major crash and installing a new operating system, and just as soon as we can get caught up on some legal docs, we'll hopefully be able to get some of the original Cessna brochure pictures and other promotional items from the ME Sales Manuals scanned and on their way to you shortly of the 1973 through 1977 Skymasters, both P-model and normally aspirated.

I've also got some of the American Aviation Intercooler color brochures featuring the P337 and related technical data that will be of interest.

SkyKing
Unread 04-17-02, 10:17 AM

Thanks Skyking! Will be great getting some of that stuff for the site...

Kevin
Unread 04-19-02, 11:52 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
You know, the more I use this board, the more I like it.
Good job, Kevin. I especially like the way it tells you what the latest post was in a message topic, and when it was posted.
Unread 05-03-02, 12:33 PM

Mark Hislop is an unknown quantity at this point
Kevin:

This new site is great. It's what we all hoped Peter's site would be. How nice to be able to post, to have the messages only show up once, to be able to add attachments, to have the site come up quickly....what a terrific job.

Thank you very much.
Unread 08-30-02, 12:06 AM

Great job,

I'm new here, but so far have gathered a lot of invaluable information.

congrats,

Ignacio
Unread 08-11-03, 10:01 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Best Skymaster Site

Kevin,
I would like to put in my two cents. We sell computers & custom programming for over 20 years. It is very easy to get around and I like the feathures. I think you have the best sight for my use. I like the monitoring to get ride of the unrelated bull. The great graphics and all you have done to make it the best sight out there. You have done a lot to bring the Skymaster owners together, taking away any tension and make me feel like part of the family. I love my 337H and look at your site at least twice a day from my office. I have learned a lot about my 337 from your site.
Thanks again, nice job. Dale Campbell
Unread 08-11-03, 12:20 PM
Jim Rainer

Jim Rainer is an unknown quantity at this point
Great job, Kevin! Of all the servers I connect to regularly (Like AOPA, AVWEB and my business connections) your server comes up far quicker than any other. A great attribute especially when I am on an out of town 28K dial-up connection!

Super site.
Unread 08-11-03, 12:46 PM

Thank you both. Nice to know that the work is appreciated...

kevin