Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-23-09, 10:48 AM

aldoradave is on a distinguished road
Another Try at Prebuy

Following advice from this board I ran away from the previous P337 I saw last week in Ft. Worth, and am now set for another, this time at Annapolis Md. I have several questions on this one.

This aircraft has 700 more hours than the other 2700 vs 2000 but engine times are less with one being a Mattituck rebuild at 400 hours, and a Reman at 500 hours--both heavy cases and Var cranks. Both aircraft have ancient avionics, but nice paint and interiors. But this latest one has the gear door mod, Horton STOL, and Intercoolers. Both are the same price so all in all it looks like this latest one is a better deal.

First, does anyone have a reference for a prebuy mechanic in the DC area? IF not I may just have to chance it by digging through the log books, interviewing the mechanic who did the annual two weeks ago, and inspection by myself. This will be the 5th aircraft I have bought and I am an engineer, so I am not exactly a neophyte in this sort of stuff and by now know more than a small bit about 337s.

But I do have a question on how best to inspect for corrosion. Are there any special places where this might be a problem on 337's?

Any other tips to look out for?

Thanks one more time.

Dave Dillehay