Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 02-04-03, 05:52 PM
Keven

Ny Atc

I swear that the NY ATC have to pass an auctioneer's exam before being allowed on air. Those are some fast talking folks! But hey, they took pity on my poor little piston plane and let me cut in front of the big boys just to get me out of their way. When asked, I was proud to report my 160kt groundspeed . . . but for some reason -- I heard on air snickering after I said it. . . .

Whatever works. After all, my profession requires me to have little to no pride anyway.

The Big City was Big Fun for us. It had been a couple of years since I had been, and I had never flown into there. Everyone should do it . . . at least once for kicks.

Cheers,

Keven
________
Brunette masturbating

Last edited by Keven : 04-23-11 at 04:58 PM.
Unread 02-04-03, 07:04 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
TEB

Keven, we've been in and out of there a few times, and I have to agree with you. The other thing is, how many ways are there in and out. Everytime we went in, they seem to send us to a different intersection, and going out was the same drill. Get your clearance before starting engines. Copy it fast, because it'll have a half-dozen intersections before you get to the first VOR. Then, try to find them all on the map.

Hope you and Allie Cat had a good weekend. The big apple is unique.
Unread 02-04-03, 07:57 PM

Roadagero is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, lets put an end to this ATC bashing.

Who was that requesting holding instructions?
Unread 02-06-03, 12:27 PM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
no bashing

No Bashing, ATC is very helpful. Why, I remember when I flew over to OSH on Sunday. To arrive, this last year, at OSH, IFR, you needed a slot reservation. I flew over with Herb on Friday, had a slot reservation, it was great. Also had a slot for Saturday, but the weather was less than cooperative, had to cancel. Really wanted to go back, so I looked at the SMTP website, and they said if you arrive before 1200 Z (8 AM Michigan time), no reservation needed. No problem, get up at 4, out the door at 5, at the hangar at 6, plane on the runway at 6:15, off I go, I'll be there before 1200 Z. Engines are cranked up, throttles are way up. Almost across the lake, and chicago ATC says, no landings permitted before 1200 Z, (that's why no reservation required!!), but we are going to let you continue. Oh, BTW, that's 50 minutes from now. You get to practice holding at FAH. Cool. Then it was on to OSH, great help from ATC.

BTW, I didn't know there was an airport in Naperville!! which one is it??
Unread 02-07-03, 01:30 AM

There is an airport in Naperville, but it is private. LL10 However my plane is located in Aurora, IL. ARR Maybe if I go with you this year to OSH you will get a good STMP slot Just kidding I had to get a slot just like everybody else this fall for the F1 race at IND. And I work the sectors over Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan!

J. Richards
"I'm from the Government and here to help"
Unread 02-08-03, 07:21 PM

Guy Paris is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool The old FAM rider....

Hey Jim, not to rag on you too much but I seem to remember at times when driving around in the old DC 9 or the B727 and had a Fam rider on board, do they still do that?, that sometimes we would get extra good service (direct direct) with one of you guys on board.... Remember one in particular evening coming out of DCA , cleared direct where ever and even heard have a great trip Mr So and So.... And it was even passed along to other sectors. Ah the good old days.... Guy, old72driver....

Last edited by Guy Paris : 02-08-03 at 07:27 PM.
Unread 02-09-03, 12:44 PM

Talking

Guy,

In the aftermath of 9/11, and the biggest knee jerk by my beloved employer ever, (and God knows they are famous for them) Familarization (FAM) trips have been suspended UFA. Part of the problem is the lack of verifying who I am showing up to occupy space in the cockpit (or is it more PC to say "flight deck" now?) Concurrently and by no coincidence Pilots of other airlines cannot FAM or Jumpseat on other companies aircraft. (herein lies the true problem, they certainly arent going to let ATC ride up front if they cant jump on another carriers aircraft, and for that I do not blame them) Furthermore, to answer the second part of your question, No we never give preferential treatment to an aircraft carrying one of our own!

Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Jeff

Last edited by Roadagero : 02-09-03 at 12:47 PM.