Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 11-14-10, 10:09 PM

fredh is an unknown quantity at this point
whats it worth

I have a 1973 P337G and its time to sell it but i have no idea what its worth so im asking for a little reality. I purchased this airplane 6 1/2 years ago my partner hasn't flown it in 3 years, and i have flown it less than 50 hours in the same time, heart attack didn't help things. We put a ton of money into the engines and props and realize we will only recover a portion of our investment. I have a friend interested in purchasing the airplane and want to price it fair with todays current value, but i also don't want to give it away. So any help would be appreciated: Approx times, 6000TT, rear 150 smoh w/new cylinders, front 100 smoh w/new cylinders, 150 both props, Interior leather 7/10, exterior 7/10, KMA-20, Garmin 430, KY-196, KNS-80, R-50V R-nav brand loran, KT-76A, Navomatic A/P w alt hold, PCD-7000-1 PS Engineering intercom w/cd player, Kign HSI slaved, De-iced, Complete logs, no damage history.
Thanks
Fred

Last edited by fredh : 11-14-10 at 10:39 PM.
Unread 11-14-10, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
I just used the Vref service for a friend's Twin AeroCommander and it works quite well. If you're a member of AOPA it's a free online service that is easy and comprehensive. This will give you only a retail value -- defined roughly as the price a dealer or broker will sell it for. But if you call AOPA and speak with one of their reps they will do it with you over the phone and give you the trade-in value -- defined roughly as the wholesale price. Somewhere near the middle of those two values is where a private sale should be. The rep can give you another important factor not available on the online calculator: the trend. This helps further define where you should be in a private sale -- closer to wholesale if the trend is down, closer to retail if it's up.

Ernie

Last edited by Ernie Martin : 11-14-10 at 11:07 PM.
Unread 11-15-10, 08:45 PM

fredh is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for your help. I will give AOPA a call.
Fred