Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 01-17-05, 04:21 PM

Sunshinekid is an unknown quantity at this point
seat track problems - 1976 Cessna 337P

unfortunately, I am not an aviation enthusiasts but I am here to try to obtain some information if anyone has any - my brother in law was killed in a plane crash. The plane was a 1976 Cessna 337P and my brother in law was the pilot. My brother in law has over 15,000 hours of flight time under his belt so needless to say - he was very experienced. He was the chief flight instructor at a school in central florida. My question is: have there been any reported problems on seat track problems for these planes? Reason being is that the FAA has been out and has been speculating that the pass seat slid back during take off causing the pass by natural reaction to grab hold of the steering instrument causing the plane's nose to go to high thus stalling the engines. My brother in law passed this past Friday and I am just trying to obtain some information on whether or not there were any recalls or warnings as a result of the seat track problems. Has anyone heard of any stories or documentation supporting this or is this incident isolated? I have read some articles about this particular type of plane having a history of seat track problems. I am open to any information provided.