Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-20-17, 08:01 AM

cessnadriver is on a distinguished road
Question Some electrical equipment on WITHOUT the master switch ON?

Hello everyone. Back again with more questions. While checking ignition leads with a lead tester, I removed the protective boot off of the, Battery side of the MASTER solenoid as a power source for the tester. WITHOUT the master switch on my turn coordinator started spinning up, my coordinator make noise when it first starts. I disconnected the battery positive lead from the master solenoid, to stop the turn coordinator/gear light, and replaced that solenoid thinking I had arched the connector plate inside. With a used solenoid from my other (parts) skymaster. It did the same thing-turn coordinator and gear down light came with the positive lead connected. My solenoid PN: S1578-1, having four (4) large connections posts, two upper and two on the bottom, and one small connection post, this type was ONLY used thru SN: 0525. On SN: 0526 the solenoid was replaced, by Cessna to a more standard solenoid, having two large posts and one small one, like the starter type solenoid.
Has anyone seen this type problem before? I did disconnect the two connections on the bottom two post from the PN: S1578-1, one wire is a jumper to the positive side post and the other goes to the "Generator" fuse. When I placed the generator wire on the opposite side of the positive post of the solenoid the turn coordinator and gear light does not come on until I throw the on the master switch on-BASICALLY solving the original problem BUT I'm NOT sure if the "Stand-by'-Run" switch will be affected?? Thanks for reading!
BILLS

Last edited by cessnadriver : 12-20-17 at 08:06 AM. Reason: spelling