Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-13-06, 01:23 AM

Skymaster337B is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake line swivel fix

My brake line swivel on the landing gear was leaking. The Cessna part was close to $500 new. So I got some advice from folks on this web site to just replace the O-rings on it. Well I did, and it works! So I just wanted to share.

After removing the swivel fitting from aircraft, you'll need to tap out the 3 roll pins holding the fitting together. Then, stick something small into the hole on the side of the fitting to push out the snap ring (it took me a while to realize there was a snap ring holding the thing together since it's hard to see--so I hope this saved you the same pain). Then simply pull the fittings apart. There's a small O-ring inside, I replaced it with: MS28775-010, be sure to lube it up alittle before sticking it back in. Then I replaced the larger O-ring that plugs into the landing gear block with MS28775-110, again lubing it up before sticking it in. Then put the fitting all back together and re-install part.

My total cost $0.75, including tax, that's right 75 cents (I saved over 50,000%).

Don't forget to bleed the brakes when you're done.

Let me know if this helped you.