Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 11-14-05, 07:39 PM

Alfonso is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb C336 Windshield Strap Removal - Help

Has anyone used FAA Form 337 (Major Repair and Alteration) to justify the removal of the center strap from the windshield of Cessna 336 or 337? I am replacing my C336 windshield with a new one of 3/16 thickness (same size as before) from Great lakes Aero Products, but there is not STC to remove the center strap. Great Lakes said they have an STC for C182 and C210 that requires the drilling of holes through and on the top of part of the windshield, but the Skymasters do not need that because they already have those holes there. The center strap only holds the compass, the GS antenna and the temperature gage, and it is NOT attached or bolted into its upper or lower part of its frame to support the contention that it is structural. It appears that this is a simple A & P sing-off of minor maintenance, and it is not mayor maintenance that requires FAA Form 337. Can anyone help me out with any feedback on this issue? I heard that some Skymaster owners have replaced it with the approval of an FAA Field inspection. I also heard that they have used a Form 337 to justify doing it, and that if I can have a copy of someone's Form 337 done it, the FAA should approved mine without any delay or problem. Thank you very much for your help. I am waiting for your replies while replacing of the windshield. If anyone is willing to fax me a copy please fax it to 304-255-3688 or at my home 301-934-2111, OR EMAIL: fiestair@erols.com. Thanks, Alfonso