Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 05-12-08, 12:03 AM

cessna02337 is an unknown quantity at this point
Electric/Manual Pitch Trim System O-2

I have a question regarding the trim system for anyone with O2 experience. Should the pitch trim both electric as well as manual as full travel as it relates to different flap setting (full vs. up/down, etc)? It seems my does not allow full travel outside of the takeoff/landing setting, as it relates to electric trim travel as well as manual.

I know there is a limiting function as it relates to flap setting, but it seems you should be able to run the trim both manually as well as electrically in the full range regardless of suggested trim limit?

Also, during annual both flap tubes were replace because of a improper screw that marked the tubes, to the best of my memory I didn't have this issue before annual......

If anyone has an O2 and can select the first setting of flaps, can you tell me if your electric as well as manual trim can travel both full range limits (up/down trim)?

Thanks, T
Unread 05-12-08, 06:31 AM
Ace of the Atmosphere

skymstr02 is an unknown quantity at this point
My electric trim is inop, has been inop since before I built the airplane. The motor is getting power when the switch is activated, but the cost of the motor is too high, so I use the manual system exclusively.

Back on topic, I get full trim travel with the appropriate flap setting manually.
Unread 05-12-08, 12:45 PM

n9121x@aol.com is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure the flaps are a limiting factor for the elevator trim. On the right wingflap on the outboard flaps where the flap cables go to the bellcrank, there is a elevator trim follow-up cable attached to it. This follow-up push-pull control attaches to the elevator trim cable.
I hope this helps.

Wes Grady
Unread 05-12-08, 02:04 PM

Pete Somers is an unknown quantity at this point
The nose up trim setting is limited to just the other side of the takeoff band, but when the flap is selected down the trim can be moved more nose up, this is the same in manual or electric trim, standard on the Skymaster.

skymstr02, give Airwich Avionics a call www.airwich.com for a motor or even a servo.

Pete
Unread 05-12-08, 06:35 PM
Forum Administrator

hharney is on a distinguished road
I found that the inspection panel near the flaps requires a short screw to attach. If you put a longer screw in that location (like all the other inspection panel screws) the tube will contact the screw and make all kinds of problems. Make sure you use the short screw when re-attaching the inspection cover.

Flying the same Skymaster for 47 years