Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-07-07, 11:58 PM

gkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Oh, the frustration!!

That's it. I have finally HAD IT with winter. For two years I have very carefully researched each and every 337 for sale out there, and then finally made my choice on the one that would win my love and devotion six months ago.

I flew out to her home base in Campbell River, BC to check her out, and after I was convinced that she was the best specimen my money could buy, I wrote the cheque - so, on January 2 2007 C-GKEY became officially mine.

Here's the bummer: it is now more than 2 months later, and I still could not manage to get GKEY home!! All I have, are pictures taken during visits and shop jobs, and a very fond memory of my first test drive that I use to soothe myself to sleep at night.

The Canadian winter (as elsewhere) has been particularly harsh this year. I live in Alberta, and GKEY sits on Vancouver Island, BC. And of course, with the mountains between me and my newfound love. For some reason, the weather just does not want to give me enough of a gap to organize myself and a co-pilot to make it out there AND back. Always some weather cr*p-out somewhere along the route (can I say that?).

Seems to me the first 1/5 of my insurance fees this year was for hull NOT in motion...

Last edited by gkey : 03-08-07 at 12:00 AM.