Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 02-19-11, 10:13 AM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
Smile 2011 Flyin in Ohio

I had the opportunity to fly into Dayton Wright Brothers Airport (MGY) last week on business. Nice airport and very friendly people at the FBO. There will be plenty of parking and things to do. Also, on the airport is a small museum that has a flying Wright Brothers Flyer that you can get short hop rides on the Saturday of the breakfast sponsored by the FBO.

There are pleanty of parking spots with tie downs and I think this flyin holds lots of possibilities for both fun and learning about the machines we love to fly.

I am also attempting to setup a special tour of the National USAF museum on WPAFB that is about a 20 minute drive north west of MGY.

Oh! Those flying in from the north to MGY, about 8 miles north of the airport there are really 5 to 6 tall tall towers. I flew there on an IFR flight plan and when ATC instructed me to desend to 3,000 feet I did so and broke out of the clouds about 3200 feet and there were the towers. No room for any alt errors there, so fly safely. Looking forward to this flyin and seeing old friends again.

Cheers!
Jerry