Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Parts Sources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-07-21, 01:31 PM

edasmus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to edasmus
looking for Fuel Tank....

Hello all, I'm searching for a replacement fuel tank for my 1973 C337G. The part# is 1516120-15 and an alternate part# is 1516131-1. The first part number would be my preference but apparently the second part number is an acceptable alternate.

This particular tank is the center tank on the "long range" three tank system per wing and this would be on the LH or pilot's side wing.

I have called Don Neiser, Wentworth, Dodson, Texas Air Salvage, Air Salvage of Dallas, and White Industries. I'm waiting for responses but have had two "NO's" so far.

Any other suggestions on salvage yards or sources would be appreciated. If you happen to have one laying around, I'd be interested to hear about it.

My tank is leaking (again, been repaired once before) from two cracks. One on top of the tank that apparently has been caused by "oil canning" (I think that's the correct term), and a crack on one of the hose connections that interconnects the tanks. This area has been repaired before. The crack on top is new. Just thought it might be better to replace the tank since this one hasn't worked out too well.

Thanks,

Ed