Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 11-29-10, 11:29 PM

K337A is on a distinguished road
I find this interesting also. Maybe Cessna doesn't pay attention to what is PMA'ed on their own old manufactured planes these days? It's in black and white on the PMA authorization from the Cleveland FSDO. C337E- C337H including the T models. If there is a waiver floating around or a service bulletin which supplements the Weldon for Dukes pump for the C337A-C337D plus the turbo's for the applicable years I would like a copy. I would like to see anything from Cessna or the FAA that says you can sub a Weldon 18000-B for a Dukes 4140-00-00-15 on a C337A thru C337D plus the early Turbo's. I know your pain Dr. It's the reason Van's Aircraft company has sold 6000 plus aircraft kits. NAPA hasn't been able to corner the fleecing market with the competition that is out there along with the FAA BS authorization for a PMA'ed part. Don't even think about R/R your engine control cables. Cessna produces those from a very, very, very rare compound. I believe the proper designation is "yourscrewedobtanium".
Unread 11-30-10, 01:17 AM

DrDave is on a distinguished road
hharney:

Thanks. I will look into them as well.

K337A:

Not to hijack my own thread, but we removed the rear cowl flap cable last night. It was frozen. We pulled the cable out and I put a piece of shrink tubing on one end. I shrank it to the barrel sleeve. We filled the shrink tubing with PB blaster. On the other end we adapted the shop-vac to the cable. While filling one end of the cable with PB blaster the vacuum sucked the sauce through the cable. When we were done the cable moved pretty darn smooth. We did the same thing with the rear throttle cable.

Someday when you have nothing better to do you should look at the Teleflex-Morse online cable catalog. I'd swear I've seen cables that look just like those somewhere.

As an aside, rigging the cowl flaps is not a straight-forward procedure. Now, back to fuel pumps!

Dave

Last edited by DrDave : 11-30-10 at 01:28 AM.
Unread 12-01-10, 02:58 AM

After a thorough inspection of the offending pump I believe it is time to spend the $$ and get the pump replaced. It appears that someone has been in the pump before doing a homemade repair on the some stripped threads.

The pump seal is leaking. I cannot see how to separate the end piece to replace the o-ring. I have no record of when they were overhauled last.

Time to get them fixed and move on to the next items.

Dave
Unread 12-02-10, 07:09 PM

In bringing this thread to a close I ordered a Weldon pump today. I bought it from Ametek for $900. Nice people to send money to. 800-835-2961

Dave