Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-13-09, 08:20 AM

Todd Gessel is on a distinguished road
Dale, The old engine is out and the new is in (see attached pictures). Right now, the old engine (and starter) in in Greeley, Colorado at Beegles Aircraft. I'm going to be seeing the Beegles engine mechanic today. I'll talk to him about the swap and let you know. If this works out, I'm not looking to make any money off the deal, just cover the shipping and mechanic. Also consider, my old starter is about 32 years old. It is the original starter that came with the aircraft from the factory. It has spent most of it's life sitting in a hanger, and the engine only has about 800 hours, but 32 years seems like a long time for a starter. I have not had any problems with it. Todd

P.S. Ernie's aviatar is much better than the previous one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000813.JPG
Views:	843
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	1008   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010310.JPG
Views:	860
Size:	4.26 MB
ID:	1009  
Unread 10-13-09, 10:17 AM
Owner 337H N337DC

Dale Campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Starter

Hi Todd,
My engine is the original, but rebuilt in the early 90's and now has total 2500 hours on it and 900 hours since rebulit. I can not see in the log books anything about the starter being changed or rebuilt so the starter probably has the 2500 hours on it. That is a lot more time than yours. My bird has been hangered since new also and was built 1 year after yours. Mine is a 1978H model. Let me know if you are willing to do the exchange, and I will not do this unless you let me pay you a few hundred bucks. Thank you, Dale
Unread 01-24-10, 09:26 PM

Jay Lessen is on a distinguished road
Todd did you get your rear engine mount inspected? can you give me an est. on the cost. and where to get it done?

Thanks Jay
Unread 01-25-10, 04:35 PM

Todd Gessel is on a distinguished road
Jay,

The inspections that were done were visual inspections only. The mechanic that swapped the engines did visual inspections for cracks and corrosion. My 337 only has about 800 hours on it and the mechanic indicated that if the plane had high hours or had been operating or stored in a corrosive environment, he would have removed the mount and sand blasted the paint off and inspected further. If then an indication was found, he would send it out to a shop that specializes in mount repairs. He did not recommend a shop and I don't have any personal experience with one. There is an ad in Trade-a-Plane for Aerospace Welding in Minneapolis. As for the cost, this took place as part of the engine change, I don't think it took a great deal of time to do while the engine was out of the way. I hope this helps, Todd
Unread 01-28-10, 10:30 PM

Jay Lessen is on a distinguished road
Todd thanks for the reply sounds like the way to go. Jay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: