Skymaster Forum  

Go Back   Skymaster Forum > Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-28-10, 03:09 PM

djarrett is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Insurance on P-337

Howdy to all of you pressurized 337, have any of you had problems getting insurance with out going to flight safety or simular type training on a annual basis. the company who I have been getting my coverage from have gone to flight safety every year as a requirement. The cost is almost to much for me. Any Ideas Help.
Dave Jarrett land line 406-522-7884 and leave a messaage if I'm not there.
Thanks I hate to go with out insurance.
Unread 01-28-10, 03:50 PM

aldoradave is on a distinguished road
yes it is simple...leave it uninsured as I do. To pay so much on a hull that is of such low value does not make a lot of sense. I really have no idea why the insurance companies hate the pressurized 337 since we are limited to 20,000 ft MSL anyway. I of course keep title in a corporation so that may protect my estate a bit if I end up in a smokin' hole!

Dave Dillehay
73 P337 N84E
Unread 01-28-10, 05:04 PM

Unhappy Insurance for P337

some how I was flopping on the sight and I removed my beginning thread. so here is the just of the first comment. My insurance company has required me to do an annual flight safety review ever year. The cost is high for each year for the training and the flying and getting there and back. does any have any suggestions or a company who only require us to have biannual and not annual flight safty reviews. Thank You
Dave Jarrett or 1-406-522-7884 thank you
Unread 01-28-10, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
On Dave Dillehay's message, carrying no insurance and keeping the aircraft titled in a corporation, I do the same plus one more thing: a $1,000,000 life insurance policy on my life which is owned by my wife.

Ernie
Unread 02-09-10, 07:33 PM

Talking Insurance for P337

Well Boy My Insurance Broker Just Found A Company That Would Insure Me With Only Having An Inst Profeciency Test Once Per Year Instead Of Flight Safety.
My Cfi 11 Has About 100 Hours In P-337 And Lots Of Twin Time And Pressure Plane Experience. Two Hours Later And A Through Check Ride And $160 Did The Trick. Beats Flying To California And Then Two Days Motels, Gas And $1300 For The Check Ride Etc. I'm A Happy Camper. I Only Hope I Don't Use It.
Dave Jarrett
Unread 05-10-10, 05:28 PM

ipasgas1 is on a distinguished road
Who did you go through? I have about 100hrs of NA337 time and about 350hrs total and want to get a P337 but was told no one would write me.
Thanks,
Dan
Unread 05-10-10, 06:15 PM

Talking Insurance

I have over 4500 hrs., 3000hrs pressurized, 2400 Jet, 600 hrs in skymaster Still wanted all of the hoops and In the past they only wanted flight safety every two years. who knows
My new policy is Aero space and Marine. good luck

Dave Jarrett
Unread 12-17-10, 10:41 AM

stratobee is on a distinguished road
When you guys say uninsured, what exactly do you mean?

Do you mean forfeiting hull insurance and taking the risk should it get banged up? Or do you mean not having any liability?

How does that work? Can I fly an airplane without some kind of liability insurance and what happens if cause any damage to third party?

Please explain, I'm new to all this and would like to get a better understanding.
Unread 12-17-10, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Those of us with NO insurance means exactly that: none. To the best of my knowledge, there is no requirement in the US that you carry liability or any other insurance (liability is required in Mexico). Obviously, if you cause damage ot injury to others, you are liable. In a worst case situation it could wipe you out financially. If you die in the accident, you may be leaving your family destitute, depending on how your assets are titled and the state you live in (for instance, if your wife owns the home jointly with you, it is generally safe from claims, and other assets that are jointly owned, like businesses, bank and investments accounts may also be, check with an attorney). To protect my family, I have a $1,000,000 policy on my life that is owned by my wife (i.e., she's not only the beneficiary, but she owns the policy, so it's not part of my assets).

Ernie
Unread 12-17-10, 12:41 PM

Talking Insurance for P337

Howdy folks
CFS Insurance is taking good care off me and I'll let them give you a quote for your airplane.
the important things are your time, pressurize time and multi , retract time. good luck and away you go Clemons is the owner of CFS Insurance and here is his phone No.
800 429 1147 or 562 492 1217. He has done a great job for me
DJarrett
Unread 12-18-10, 05:47 PM

stratobee is on a distinguished road
Interesting.

So, when you buy your aircraft and call the insurance company up to get a quote and they say "well, you need 100hrs in type before we can insure you" all you do is hop in the aircraft and go and fly 100hrs and then call them again!
Unread 12-19-10, 09:50 AM

Mark Hislop is an unknown quantity at this point
I have two partners in my P337. One is in his 70's and has no instrument rating. He was the original owner. The other came into the partnership with instrument rating, but only 250 hours of SE time, and a brand new ME rating. The new partner was only required to have 25 hours of dual from an instructor with P337 time. None of us are required to have anything more than a current BFR and medical. There is no requirement for Flight Safety or other recurrent training.

Our broker is Wenk Aviation Insurance in Illinois. See if they can help you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: